You do not need to be a member of East Kent Slings CIC to hire a carrier at one of our meets. However, if you are not a member, we do ask for a returnable deposit when you hire a carrier. Members are not required to pay a deposit for hire and membership also has a variety of other benefits – see below for details.
The prices below are valid from the 27th March 2019.
Browse our catalogue
You can browse our available items here.
Hiring from the sling library costs £20 for a month for non-members, plus a £50 refundable deposit.
Membership costs £10 per year or lifetime membership for £15. In order to become a member we will need to see a form of ID with your address on when you join (such as a driving licence). Once you are a member you will be able to hire at a discounted rate of £15.00 for 4 weeks, and you will not be required to pay a deposit.
Other benefits of membership include:
- 4 weeks free hire of a stretchy wrap (subject to suitability and availability)
- Option to reserve a carrier for the first 30 mins of a meet
- First chance to try new carriers
- Opportunity to suggest new carriers you would like to see in the library
- The option to swap to a different carrier at any time during the hire period, at no extra cost
Hiring and returning
To hire a carrier simply come along to one of our many meets. If none of the meets suit you, do please contact us and we will try to arrange something.
If you are looking for a specific carrier, please contact us in advance and we will try to accommodate you as not all carriers are at all meets. While at the meet, we can also give you advice on carriers available for hire, as well as ones you may own.
When you need to return the carrier you have 3 options:
- Pop along to the next sling library session (this can be any meet, it does not need to be the one you hired from)
- Arrange to return it directly to one of our volunteers
- You can post it back to Soshanna (contact us for the address)